If you experience issues with site or application performance, follow the steps below:
- Revise your origin to find errors or misconfigurations that may affect the content delivery speed. Contact your hosting provider or server administrator for help in the case analysis.
- Check the delivery speed from a CDN-resource and an origin server.
- Check CDN-resource's settings.
- Diagnostic information for technical support.
Check the delivery speed from a CDN-resource and an origin server
1. Measure the content delivery speed from both a CDN-resource and an origin server using:
- DevTools (F12->Network tab->F5).
- wget –S + static file URL.
wget -S testsupport.gcdn.co/files/test.jpg
--2019-12-10 13:29:17-- http://testsupport.gcdn.co/files/test.jpg
Resolving testsupport.gcdn.co (testsupport.gcdn.co)... 220.127.116.11
Connecting to testsupport.gcdn.co (testsupport.gcdn.co)|18.104.22.168|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:29:17 GMT
Last-Modified: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 10:12:14 GMT
Syntax error in Set-Cookie: 48c62c809b061c360cc201975b7fa802 at position 32.
Length: 290 [image/jpeg]
Saving to: 'test.jpg'
test.jpg 100%[=================================================>] 290 --.-KB/s in 0s
2019-12-10 13:29:18 (5,38 MB/s) - 'test.jpg' saved 290/290
- online-services. Consider network settings and location which are chosen for the speed test.
2. Compare the delivery speed from CDN and the origin server.
3. If the analysis confirmed issues with content delivery speed from CDN, revise CDN-resource's settings.
CDN-resource's settings checking
1. Make sure that you don’t use a VPN or proxy.
VPN affects the CDN Geo-balancing and you may receive content from a not optimal edge with lower speed.
Diagnostic information for technical support
If you revised your CDN resource's settings but are still unsatisfied with the download speed, contact Technical Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the following information:
- File URL
- Follow the link http://iam.gcdn.co/info, copy all information from the page or save a screenshot.
- Follow the try speed test link, click on the Start button, save the result, and add it to the ticket.
- Wget –S output for the URL from your CDN-resource.
- Open a file or a web-page and save a HAR-file.